We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented User Interface Designer to join our growing Creative Team based out of Seattle, WA. The UI Designer will work closely with the rest of the UI/UX team, artists, and designers to conceptualize and design user interfaces for multiple platforms, such as mobile native, web, and desktop.
Our Seattle office is located in the heart of quirky, creative Ballard. When we’re not making awesome games, we’re out sampling the delicious food Ballard has to offer; we’re sipping coffee (or tea) at our favorite coffee shops, or we’re engrossed in epic table-top battles at Cafe Mox. We’re passionate about creating a tight-knit work environment that feels like you’re hanging out with your friends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-quality work, ranging from initial sketches to high fidelity visual comps for game features, core UI elements, and iconography
- Work with Lead UX/UI Designer and peers to generate assets for menus, HUD, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, and other game features while maintaining a consistent visual aesthetic throughout the UI
- Collaborate with user designers, engineers, and other artists to iterate on features until they reach AAA quality
- Contribute to pipeline and process improvement discussions
- Confidently and effectively able to communicate and represent what motion can be used for and also when it shouldn’t be leveraged
- Understand and present the product’s features and goals by breathing life into the Blankos Block Party User Interface experience
- Strong modern UI design foundation, typography & Illustration skills.
- Expert with Sketch and Adobe Suite (e.g. - Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively with direct and cross-functional teams
- A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
- Create UI animatics by taking the visual designs of menus, buttons, navigation flows and animating them according to the Blankos Block Party quality bar and style
- Experience designing UI for multiple platforms, such as mobile native, web, and desktop
- Experience with console
- Experience in working with design systems via Sketch or Figma
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UI specific projects with Case Studies on at least 3 projects
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)