We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Sr. Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Kansas City, MO. This role reports into our VP, Engineering, and will play an integral role in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our multi-cloud platform architecture.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Design, code, test, and enhance microservices, and extend the backend architecture as the Mythical platform evolves.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- Write clean, testable code. Participate in code & design reviews.
- Analyze and optimize current applications towards a microservices architecture
- Be a problem solver and self-driven to get the results
- 3+ years of experience developing server applications in Java or C#.
- Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction volume systems
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
Highly Preferred, if:
- Experienced writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems
- Experienced with developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Recent experience developing in Kotlin.
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.