We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to help design and implement new content and game features. This is a mid-level role for a Game Designer with 4+ years of experience looking for a role where they deepen their F2P game design skills and trailblaze in the world of NFT-gaming. The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing and balancing compelling content on live games. Interest in NFTs and F2P game design is a must. The candidate will need strong communication skills for presenting and championing their designs. They are responsible for the fidelity of their designs from concept to live ops. In addition, the candidate must be able to understand live data, prioritize feedback from multiple sources and incorporate this into revised game content and systems.
- Delivers features based on the game vision as set by the Lead Designer and Product Owners.
- Creates innovative and engaging content and features that encompass the holistic player journey through the game.
- Manages the presentation, communication, designs, and robust documentation of features and content. Taking designs from one-page concepts to live management.
- Knows all of the nitty-gritty details of their feature/content, bringing anyone up to speed and ensuring no fine points are missed.
- Collaborates with Designers and Artists to deliver features and content that seamlessly integrates with existing systems and content.
- Works with the development team to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Coordinates with BI to leverage qualitative and quantitative data to optimize, iterate, and tune features and content that they are responsible for.
- Jumps into problem spaces to help create quick solutions or support existing development projects.
- Stays up to date by researching market titles; sharing knowledge of useful designs and experiences with teammates.
- 4+ years of game industry experience. 2+ years of experience designing F2P games as a Game Designer or similar role.
- 2+ years of experience with Unity.
- At least one F2P game shipped as a Game Designer or similar role.
- High proficiency with Excel, Google Apps, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Avid gamer with a strong understanding for free to play design, mechanics, and strategies.
- Ability to reference mechanics, controls, and other elements from other F2P games.
- Proven record of creative problem solving; knows how to take a concept from other games and translate it into a solution for your project.
- Must be data literate and understand how KPIs translate into design solutions.
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, monetization, and how to design for different player segments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pitch complex ideas to a non-design audience and get buy-in.
- Takes accountability and ownership of designs from start to finish.
- Problem solver, results-oriented, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to multi-task like a pro.
- Ability to take direction and feedback
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.