We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and blockchain technologies led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry by supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology via our platform of robust tools, technology, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Creative Lead UI/UX to help drive the UX/UI within Blankos Block Party. You will combine your extensive skills and experience in gaming, user-experience and interaction design to lead a team in developing and maintaining a gaming experience that paves the way of Blockchain in gaming.
In addition to hands-on project ownership, the Creative Lead will also be expected to contribute to the growth of Blankos Block Party, with responsibility over team leadership, user-centered design process, hiring, team culture, and mentoring of talented team members.
- Manage the UI/UX team and ensure the quality of the department's work is at a high level. Lead by example.
- Work with the Creative Director, and other departments such as Game Design, Code, Audio, and Animation to make sure the visual design experience meets the vision for gameplay and final execution, and that UI/UX assets and features meet the requirements of the gameplay experience.
- Inspire the entire department to constantly raise the quality bar, develop solutions, and collaborate effectively with other departments.
- Develop, motivate, and mentor team members. Create opportunities for challenge and growth.
- Develop and maintain best practices, pipelines, tools, and processes for the department.
- Create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
- Engage and keep up to date with Blockchain technology within and outside of the gaming world and how this applies to Blankos Block Party user experience.
- Actively self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
- Advocate for the department's goals and desires. Remove roadblocks and raise red flags.
- Passion for putting People First in both in your iterative design approach as well as your mentorship and peer to peer culture.
- Experience defining high-level strategy and leading a team through the necessary processes to create design deliverables inform by data.
- Experience training, mentoring and managing other designers
- Experience leading a team of other designers by example, in both quality of work and professional conduct. Demonstrated knowledge and application of user-centered design principles
- Experience in working within the Product Development Lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong initiative
- Attention to detail and solid organization
- You demonstrate a strong understanding in influencing without authority
- 4+ years' experience as a Senior UI Designer, Visual Designer or Graphic Designer.
- Mentoring designers in both their professional and personal development
- Url or PDF
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.