We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are ‘People First’. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products and services. We show empathy and respect, empowering our people to live their lives and do the best work of their careers. We give our employees the freedom and support they need to own and deliver truly exceptional work.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Engineering Manager to join our growing engineering team. This role reports into our VP, Engineering - Core Technologies, and will play an integral role in managing a growing team that is responsible for SDK, backend and blockchain technologies. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for mentoring, guiding and hiring for all future Engineers that join our team, along with managing the delivery of work product from strategic partners.
- You will manage a remote team of 4-8 software engineers and create a safe environment for a diverse team.
- You will be responsible for creating and fostering a high-performance culture in your team.
- You will cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- You will meet with team members 1:1 on a regular basis and give frequent, actionable feedback to support your team’s career development.
- You will hire engineers and ensure that engineers on the team are learning, growing, and advancing in their respective careers.
- You will create a shared understanding of decision making, direction, and progress for the team, the company, and the community.
- You will ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality.
- You will liaise with HR and engineering leadership regarding sensitive personnel matters.
- You will help create and track goals and objectives that make sense for the team and project(s).
- You will Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organization
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Experience managing engineers on blockchain or gaming projects
Highly Preferred, if:
- You have 3+ years experience managing distributed engineering teams
- You have 3+ years experience managing contract engineering individuals or teams
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology
- You're passionate about helping build a great product, culture and company!
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected]. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.