We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the
intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the
industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger
technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game
developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are ‘People First’. We believe that it takes great people and culture to
make great products and services. We show empathy and respect, empowering our people to live
their lives and do the best work of their careers. We give our employees the freedom and support
they need to own and deliver truly exceptional work.
We are looking for a Head of Platform Engineering to join our growing engineering team - A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a leader that works on mission-critical infrastructures, tools and processes that enable our products to scale at a rapid pace. You will be hiring, developing and leading a very strong group of Software Development Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers and DevOps Engineers, helping them reach their highest potential. This role reports to the VP of Streaming Technologies, UK
The platform team consists of the Platform services, Devops and Automation, SRE and internal tooling. This team is part of the core technology group developing Mythical’s interactive, cloud streaming platform. Functions within this team include core platform services, automation, SRE and devops and using software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems, and automate operations tasks. We are cloud agnostic, utilising elements of AWS, Azure, GCP, and others, to deliver a global platform.
- Taking an existing team of 5-6 developers, developing a strategy to rapidly grow the expertise and resources to develop a world leading Web3 platform for instant audience engagement. Hiring will be a key component for this team over the coming 12 months.
- Working globally across teams to ensure best use of shared resources and technologies
- Work closely with the core graphics streaming team on server / client architectures to enable the delivery and operation of a world class interactive user experience
- Insist on high standards of technical design and implementation and ensure your systems are operationally excellent
- Lead the team in the development of a multi-cloud architecture solving unique problems from the core of the network, through the edge, to the users.
- Understanding of fostering new IP and technologies.
- Ensure that engineers are developing appropriately to the next level in their careers. Drive processes for performance reviews, management, and development.
- Inputs into the long-term Platform engineering roadmap. Works with lead Engineers, Engineering Managers and Directors, and other key stakeholders to define and inputs into the overall roadmap.
- Proven success working closely with Product and Programme Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Focus on application and operations engineering, building capability in both disciplines
- Enable an infrastructure engineering mindset in all of the product development.
- Plan and prioritise impactful technical investment initiatives, and experience driving complex technical architectural decisions.
- Experience delivering and operating highly reliable and available SaaS / PaaS systems.
- An excellent understanding of Cloud Platforms at scale (Azure / AWS /GCP)
- Experienced in Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Experience in building out DevOps / automation tools and methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to engage both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experienced leader in the early stage / rapid growth company
- Understanding of game technologies and services, especially multiplayer and low latency networks
- Knowledge of ITSM frameworks
- Network architectures from cloud to client
- Security architectures
- C4 modelling
Technologies that we use
- C# .NET / .net core / Golang / Rust
- Monitoring tools: Instana, Xmatters, Datadog, Pingdom
- Rancher / K8s / Docker
- Scripting (Bash, Powershell)
- Automation (terraform, chef, puppet, Cloud formation, ansible)
- Cloud infrastructure AWS / GCP / Azure
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) Employee Options, Private Health Care you and your life partner, Life Insurance, Parental Leave, 25 days plus bank holidays and many more.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected]. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.