Mythical Games is looking for a dynamic and well-rounded In-House Counsel to be a key member of our rapidly growing company and Legal team. As In-House Counsel, you will have a ground level opportunity to join a cutting edge blockchain based gaming company and support its various complex and evolving legal needs.
- Provide advice and support on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of game development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing.
- Draft and negotiate licensing agreements, distribution agreements, professional services agreements, content development agreements, marketing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other general commercial agreements.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with General Counsel, Mythical legal team, and external legal counsel.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry and with complex and evolving legal regulations.
- 5+ years’ experience of working in an in-house legal department of a video game, technology, digital media or entertainment, or similar company, or similar relevant law firm experience.
- Strong academic credentials and licensed to practice law in California.
- Passionate about gaming, innovative and disruptive new technologies, IP, and digital entertainment content.
- Broad transactional experience, as well as experience working with a variety of domestic and international regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to establish strong working relationships with business leads, game developers, and other similar professionals.
- Ability to work independently to manage workload and work collaboratively with and concisely distill advice from outside experts.
- Previous experience in a large law firm environment working with corporate, securities, digital currency, or blockchain related matters and/or Fintech related laws and regulations would be a big plus.
We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.