We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and blockchain technologies led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry by supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology via our platform of robust tools, technology, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Gameplay Engineer to work with the design team to prototype gameplay and feature mechanics. You will need to be a hands-on engineer with a breadth of experience or strong aptitude to learn new things quickly. You should love to play and make games, and you should be able to quickly prototype new game mechanics for any aspect of gameplay.
The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a small team where the day to day job changes based on what the game needs.
- Code: Blankos is an online real-time multiplayer game built with Unity. You are able to think about the game from a player perspective and not your own. You offer ways to improve a design while also simplifying implementation.
- Iterate: You can prototype rapidly proving out systems and finding the fun.
- Collaborate: You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to prototype and build mechanics that bring Blankos to life.
- Communicate: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and multi disciplined work environment.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering and game development experience.
- Highly proficient in C# and Unity game engine.
- Experience with implementing gameplay mechanics in a networked game.
- Good knowledge in multiple domains including 3D movement and interaction, skills and weapons, camera, network programming, graphics and art, AI, and data instrumentation.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization across platforms.
- Shipped multiple AAA game titles on PC or consoles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A love for game design and a solid portfolio of gameplay experiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.